Sunday, December 23, 2007

Um.

So apparently tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow is also when I'm getting on a plane.

I haven't packed any clothes yet. I gathered all the gifts I'm bringing, and put all my favorite photos in little flip albums, and set both camera cases in the suitcase, but no clothes or other necessities.

I have to fly out of stupid Newark. I hate Newark. Or maybe I hate living way the eff out in Queens, an hour or more away from everything.

I'm going home for five days. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends new and old, but overall I'm feeling distinctly meh about it. It's going to be more of a juggling act than relaxing visit.

Actually, I'm pretty meh about everything right now. Including me.

I guess I'll go throw some clothes into my bag now. Meh.

2 comments:

East Coast Teacher said...

I'm in a rather meh state myself, so I understand what you mean.

Merry Christmas, Jules! Enjoy your trip - hope it's relaxing and restful :)

17 (really 15) more years said...

Have a wonderful vacation- I'm sure you'll feel much better when you're sitting on the plane heading out west- enjoy!