Thursday, October 11, 2012

30 weeks!

Or--these will be actual, outside babies sometime in the next eight weeks. EIGHT! That's a single digit number of weeks, which isn't very many. I'm not ready!!

My belly button is getting closer, but still hasn't popped.


Looks like I have another light linea negra below my belly button, but of course I can't see it myself.

I swear that I'm growing a rectangle belly instead of round. No growth in belly circumference this week.

I'm up to 190 -- that's forty pounds. It's been about five pounds at each doctor's appointment, which seems like a good, even pace. Which means that in two weeks or so, I'll hit 200. Whoa. That is a really big number. I'm not exactly worried about it, though I really wonder how I'll look and feel afterward. I don't want to put in a lot of negative energy and worry into weight and body. I've got plenty of worry about these growing beans!

Physically, I'm doing okay. My hands are less painful now that I'm drinking more water. They still hurt plenty, but it's not as bad (except first thing in the morning). Unfortunately, something has gone terribly awry with both of my thumbs now--it was my right thumb for a couple weeks, and then it somehow switched to my left. Ouch. I can't write normally and I can't really use either of them as opposable if it requires any pressure.

My back still doesn't have any joint pain, hallelujah! It does now ache a bit though, from carrying around all these pounds at the front. When I brush my teeth, I rest my elbows on the bathroom counter and the release of pressure on my lower back feels so good. I have to remember to get Mister M to practice some back massage for me! There's a prenatal swim class I heard about that I want to try, if I ever get some kind of swimwear. Maybe a bikini top and bike shorts?

I'm finally feeling the effects of slightly squashed lungs. When I yawn, it feels like my belly can't expand enough to where I want to breathe. Sometimes I talk a little too fast or laugh a little too much and end up almost panting and needing to catch my breath!

Stuff-wise, we're getting more ready. Last week, I went to the twin club consignment sale and got a TON of gear: a double snap n go stroller, 2 boppies, a handful of clothes, some bottles, a monitor, another bouncy seat, a nice looking diaper bag. Plus two free cans of formula. The haul barely fit in my car! (That stroller does not fit in my Saturn's trunk. Oops.)
(just some of the stuff!)

Then some family and friends threw me a surprise baby shower, which was so sweet! We got two brand new car seats, a ton of cute clothes, some books, even some diapers and wipes.

I also went through some boxes and bins of things stored at my parents' houses and now have some blankets and clothes from my own (and my brother's) babyhood.

So we have some piles in the baby room and in our living room. The next--big--step is organizing it all somehow. It's time for furniture.

3 comments:

Nancy Cavillones said...

My favorite part of waiting for Alice was collecting baby stuff! I love THINGS and there was less guilt involved because it was all for the BABY. :)
By the way, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but check out Amazon Mom, if you haven't already. It will be a money-saving lifesaver for you. You can sign up for Subscribe and Save auto-shipments of diapers, wipes, and formula. You have to get a Prime account but the discount is significant, especially since you have two.

Erin said...

Do you read http://mile73.com/ ? She is a local blogger who just had twins, too.

Nacho Lover said...

@ Nancy: Yes, I have heard about Amazon Mom, thanks for the reminder!

@ Erin: No, I hadn't heard of that blog before--thanks for the link!