Friday, September 26, 2008

This week:

I've only slept one full night, and that was because I popped a pill.

A girl IMed me and told me I was really cool because I was the only teacher with an AIM.

I had two good writing classes.

The kids made me crack up talking about dog farts; I covered my face and shook with silent laughter.

A kid had an accident in my room (the first time in my career).

I cried.

I was on the verge of tears most days.

I felt hopeless.

I mapped out rough SS plans for two weeks.

We got two days behind our already-way-behind curriculum pacing.

I taught the kids a memory aid poem thingy, and some of them really seemed to like it.

I went home by or before 6.00 most, if not all, days this week.

2 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

You had your ups and downs--and you survived! Congratulations!

Rest up this weekend and I'm sure you'll be ready for a new week.

Schoolgal said...

Accidents happen. Some kids need to use the bathroom more than others and usually there is a note in their med file.

Otherwise it sounds as if things are starting to get better.

Did you read them the story Walter the Farting Dog. It is really funny. The illustrations are hilarious. I don't know your age group, but I can tell you kids of all ages love read alouds. And that book will have the kids rolling on the floor.

For Halloween there is Dave Pilkey's Hallo-wiener.

http://www.amazon.com/Hallo-wiener-Dav-Pilkey/dp/0439079462/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222553527&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=walter+the+farting+dog&x=13&y=18