Monday, May 05, 2008

Ma'am, Yes Ma'am! (hee hee)

The Herd, this afternoon, during silent warm up:

Girl student, out of the blue: Miss, were you in the military?

Me [raising an eyebrow]: Um, that's strange. Where did that come from?

Girl: [Neighbor boy] told me.

Me [turning to NB]: So, what now?

NB: Well, I heard from some people...

Me: Really?

NB: Yeah, there are...rumors...

Me [trying not to guffaw]: How strange! So, what do you think? Do you think I was in the military?

NB [shrugging]: I'm not sure...but there is some proof.

I did my best not to laugh out loud and got back to class.

Oh man, these kids.

What's more, this is not the first time my students have asked me this. Like, this isn't even the first *year* students have asked me this. Sweet!

1 comment:

dramamath said...

Obviously, you run a great classroom! Always leave them guessing.