Sunday, February 06, 2011

Couple Goal #9

(I made a lot of goals for myself, but also convinced husband that we should have some goals to work on together.)

Goal #9--Clean every two weeks

We're not slobs, but things like vacuuming tend to fall by the wayside. And cleaning every week, while surely sanitary and ideal, just would not happen. So, as a compromise, I decided on two weeks. (And he agreed.)

So far we've been successful! It's been three times, though we had to push one back when I was out of town. We split the chores and got them done fairly easily.

As I'm sure I've said before, having a goal to be accountable for is a great motivator for me. Especially this early in the year--copping out on something basic like cleaning would be silly!

I even put it in my desk calendar so I know it's coming, and that helps too, because I/we know to plan for that time. And really, especially when we're both doing the chores at the same time, it's not a lot of time.

All of this cuts down on the whining (internal or out loud) and it's really nice to see clean spaces more often!

...now for that small pile of clothes I've been meaning to put away....

No comments: