Thursday, May 19, 2011

nom nom







It's been a long time since I've made any sweet treats. Last week I had cookies on the brain, but no time.

On Saturday I met up with some friends, and while we were out and about, passed an ice cream sandwich truck. They looked tasty but I remembered that I can just make cookies! Also that I can't afford to buy a five-dollar dessert. (....though I bought a two-dollar Dough donut while at the Brooklyn Flea that morning...)



That night, as I was in the middle of making dinner, I decided to just do it. But I didn't want chocolate chip again, as I've done those a few times. I wanted to try something new. I came across a recipe I'd found for snickerdoodles and decided to just go for it.

Now you may remember my struggles with cookies and cupcakes, so of course I was worried that these also wouldn't be right. Especially when I put things together in the wrong order. (I always do that! Even though I profess to be good at Reading the Directions!) But I forget ahead, and loved rolling the doughballs in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Lo and behold! It worked! They came out beautifully, and tasted exactly like snickerdoodles are supposed to taste--delicious!



I took these pictures on my iPhone and ran them through Instagram. You've probably heard about it from everyone and their sister. It's a free app, and it's always lots of fun to try out different filter effects on your photos. Recently they added a tilt-shift feature!

No comments: