Sunday, August 20, 2006

From the Kids

This is a REALLY long post, but it's entertaining, at the least! I highlighted some of my favorite answers to the end-of-year evaluation I gave to my students.

All summer I have been quietly freaking out and worrying about this upcoming year: Will I be good enough? Will I have effective classroom management? Which things should I teach first? Will I actually teach them anything? How will I use all the books and websites that I've accumulated over the years?

So reading these evaluations (I took out a few questions for your reading convenience) did help me relax a bit: the kids had compliments and honest complaints both. It will help me prepare for this year and it will help me remember that what I've been doing has been at least somewhat effective. Phew!

I did my best to keep all their spelling quirks, so yes, they are on purpose.

Enjoy!

What was your favorite unit that we’ve done all year? Why?
--My favorite unit was poetry. I liked poetry because it helps me express my feelings when I am happy or sad.
--Poetry, I learned to write various poetry that I never knew existed, I also got the chance to read a lot of great poetry that taught me to look beyond what I see.
--Drama because I liked acting. I also liked this unit because you could easily express yourself.
--Plays, I enjoyed acting.
--My favorite would probably be when we read in a group, since we could just read in quiet and enjoy the book w/o any interruptions.
--I think my favorite unit was the drama unit. It was fun acting out those roles. And I enjoyed the acting.
--Drama—Because it was fun getting up in front of the class and acting and also I loved advertisement because we got to act like we were really making an ad.
--My favorite unit was drama and plays because I never did it before and it was interesting and fun.
--Advertisements because I got to draw and explore the evil minds of marketers.
--Drama. I have become a better actor and now all I want to do is write plays and act out another character who is not me.
--Poetry was my favorite unit because I love poetry.
--My favorite unit was writting and performing plays (drama).
--Drama, because we did a play.
--Drama, because it was fun to do the activities and watch other people perform.
--My favorite unit was poetry, because then, we got to express ourselves in writing, and I was really good at that.
--Poetry, because I enjoyed expressing my feelings that way.
--Drama, because it was fun working in a group and getting time to rehearse for the play based on our books.
--The advertisements. I liked creating a product and making the ads because you really have to be creative and use your imagination.
--The poetry unit was my favorite because I love writing poetry.
--The advirtisment unit because we got to make our own product.
--Drama, because I love acting.
--I would say the drama unit because of how to use facial expressions to explain a situation and writing and acting out play scripts.
--I liked poetry because the only way I express myself is through poems and I like to make my poems deep. Some poems are fun and catchy while others teach a life lesson or express the way someone feels.
--Poetry was my favorite unit was I love to write and express thoughts on paper.
--My favorite unit was the drama unit because it was really fun.
--The favorite unit that I thought was the best was the plays. This was my favorite because we a lot of fun rehearsing.
--I like the poem unit. I liked it because found fun and interesting to do.
--My favorite unit was advertisement because I liked learning how there are different types of advertisements.
--My favorite unit is that drama unit because I enjoy writing and it allowed me to learn how to write a play and improve my acting.
--different kinds of poems because before I did not no other poems but when I learned I liked it.
--The media unit, because I liked making the ads.
--Poetry. This unit was the best way to show your true emotions.
--My favorite unit that we’ve done is the plays. It’s my favorite because we are allowed to express our talents.
--My favorite unit in EL @ was making advertisements I like this unit because it was artistic. I enjoy making artistic projects.
--The drama unit because we got to do a lot of plays and we built up courage if we had stage fright and it was a lot of fun.
--Poetry, because I could write about sad things without anyone questioning why!
--The dram unit because it was fun to act out people in a play.
--Poetry because it was easy.
--The favorite thing we done this year is lit circles because it help us understand things.
--Ads because that was a group project and I like to work in groups.
--My favorite? Hmm…I can’t choose! But I can choose my top 3. Poetry, plays and play writing. I enjoy making and performing plays. And poetry is a strong point.
--Drama because I like drama a lot and I think it is fun.
--Advertisement, because we got to make our own products and use 1 type of ad for it. We also got to perform our ads in class.
--My favorite unit was drama and making a play for commercials.
--My favorite unit was drama. I liked acting and being like someone else. It was fun making stories, and then acting it out.
--My favorite unit was advertisement and drama because making ads was fun and so is performing a play.
--My favorite unit was the poetry because it was fun getting to express myself.
--Poetry because I enjoyed learning to write poems better.
--I enjoyed the media unit.
--Drama, because it was fun.
--The poetry unit because I liked learning different types of poetry.
--Poems I learned a lot doing poems and I liked it.
--Advertisement because it was fun thinking up the Ads it was fun learning everything about ads.
--Advertisement was my favorite because we got to learn how people get a product when saying something like buy it now.
--Reviwing the plot chart. Its kind of fun and easy.
--Poetry, because it was fun and you can express your feeling.
--Acting because I’m good at it.
--None, they weren’t all that good.
--Drama, because I have a lot of fun with groups.
--Advertisement, because when you taught us that you opened my eyes to a whole new world.
--My favorite unit was poetry. It was poetry because w e got to express our feelings and I liked that.
--The advertisement were the best because we got to make up any object we wanted.
--My favorite unit was probably advertising because I learned a lot on it.
--My favorite unit that we’ve done all year was acting out skits, and plays. They were fun and helped me express myself.
--Advertisement: because we got to learn all types of advertisement and did little shows.
--Poems because in was a challenge.
--My favorite unit that we’ve done all year is “Drama.” Because drama was fun, easy, and the work were sometimes fun to do.
--Advertizement.
--My favorite unit was the advertisements. I liked this one the most because we now have useful info that will help us later in life. We won’t be tricked by the ads, making us want to buy!
--Different types of poems because it was really easy to do and it helps me learn more.
--The figurative language because it was easy.
--My favorite unit was the poem unit because we went outside and we had to write any 2 type of poem about what you see, hear, touch and smell.
--Poems, because I felt good about writing poems and thinking about them.
--The plays (Drama) acting is fun.


What was your least favorite unit that we’ve done all year? Why?
--My least favorite unit was drama because some of the people at my table didn’t study their lines.
--Test Prep, it wasn’t exciting. Even though it is needed it wasn’t really that great. That’s probbally because it’s repentitive.
--Short stories because I hate writing stories since you have to make details—write it and carfully organize it.
--I don’t really hae one I enjoyed them all but if I had to choose it would be poetry.
--It would probably be the plot charts. I kept continuously forgetting, forgetting at least one part. Fortunately, I vividly remember it now.
--I would have to say the media unit. It was fun at first but then it got boring.
--Poetry. I didn’t like that unit because I am not a strong poet so I did not enjoy it.
--There wasn’t a least favorite to my opinion I liked everything we did, no complaints.
--My least favorite unit this year was eassy writing, not because I don’t like but, because I like everything else better.
--Literature circles. I don’t like to read to understand. But I need like learning new words but there was always a test on vocabulary.
--The unit I liked the least was the parts of speech unit if that was even a unit but it was so hard to remember.
--Reading literature I didn’t really like the books.
--Poetry, because I didn’t like it as much.
--Writing, because it didn’t interest me that much.
--Drama and play writing because I love to act and write my own plays.
--I didn’t really have a least favorite unit this year, to me, everything was enjoyable.
--Four squares because it took me a while to understand it.
--My least favorite unit was when we were learning about grammar and sentence structure because it was confusing and boring.
--Drama is very fun, but I think I’m too shy to act in front of the class. I tried to, but it didn’t really work out.
--I don’t have a least favorite, but I wish we could have done drama longer. I think I’m an okay actress, and I wanted to show my talent.
--My least favorite unit was the drama unit because everyone started fighting over little things.
--Literature circle Books, because I didn’t like none of the books.
--I didn’t like much of the descriptive language, even though I learned a few things, because the descriptive language was very easy for me to understand and I already learned most of it.
--Parts of speech because they are so hard to remember but I learned a mnemonic device. I can’t seem to find words to describe the parts of speech. But I think that I improved.
--My least favorite unit was when we had to test taking strategies because of all the strenuous work.
--My least favorite was the reading unit because I did not like the book we were assigned to read.
--My least favorite unit was the story writing/essays/foursquares. These were my least favorite because I really don’t like writing 4sq’s and essays.
--I didn’t like the advertisement unit because I felt that some of the advertisement skills were hard.
--Drama because I hate acting it is not something I am good at.
--My least favorite unit was the advertisement unit because now when I watch tv and the commercials come on, I blabber about how they are trying to get you to buy their product.
--4-square I have learned how to do it and how it can help me in a essay.
--Poetry, because I just don’t like poetry.
--I don’t have one they were all fun.
--My least favorite unit is the 4sq and essay. I did not like it because the essay is to long. And I think the 4sq is a waste of time.
--My least favorite unit was poetry. I think that was my least favorite because even through I like poetry, I think we spent a long time on it. I got bored of it.
--The test prep units because I think it was kind of boring having to prepare for tests that we already knew how to take.
--Writing essays because it was very boring and I felt that 4 squares are not good organizers to write essays.
--Part of speech because it is boring also it was hard to merize all of them.
--Sure, I learned some new stuff.
--The least favorite thing that we did was poems because they didn’t seem fun or educated.
--I actually don’t know it might be plays because I am a little bit of shy.
--Oh, that’s easy! The one where we had to read those [lit circle] books. I like choosing the books I read myself.
--Test prep. Because all of it was boring and it went on and on.
--Author study, we had to write a biography on an author and a resume.
--My least favorite unit was learning about the parts of speech. That was a little boring.
--The review for the test. It was no fun and I think it useless for future life except school.
--My least favorite unit was practicing for the state tests. I hated writing essays, doing multiple choice and short responses.
--My least favorite was the advertisements because they were kinda hard.
--I’m not really sure. It may be figurative language and parts of speech, because we did them so many times.
--I didn’t like the unit when we were preparing for the test.
--Nemonic devices because it was to confusing.
--Test prep because I already know how to take NYC/NYS tests and I don’t like learning it again.
--The book vocab set I didn’t like it because I had to write a lot.
--The play unit because I wouldn’t like to act.
--Play writing was my least because that wasn’t my thing.
--The momonic device because its hard to memorise.
--When we did reading, because it was kind of boring, but at the same time I learned something.
--Short stoies because I wasn’t that good.
--All I just dident like them.
--Reading, I don’t know why, I’m just not a reader, unless I pick the book I like.
--I didn’t have a least favorite thing because you kept the activities fun.
--I think my least favorite was well I don’t really think I had a least favorite.
--My least favorite was reading because we had to make inferences.
--My least favorite unit was with the 4-square and essay. I learned about it but I didn’t enjoy it.
--Reading was my least favorite. We were quiet and I felt like a prisoner, but it was okay.
--Drama=because I’m not a good actress. I think because I start to get butterflies in my stomach.
--The parts of speech.
--The least favorite unit was poem unit because I had poems to write everyday for homework, it was for weeks and it was annoying and I had enough of it.
--Literature circles.
--I actually liked all the units because we all now that from each one of these units would benefit us for next year. This means I enjoyed all the units because I had to know them later, so it helps me then.
--My least favorite was author biography and resumes because it was to much to do and hard to do.
--The multiple choice questions because they were hard.
--My least favorite unit that we’ve done this year was the plays because I don’t like to perform in front of so many people in one room.
--Figurative language, because I could never remember what half of them mean.
--Reading groups. Boring…


On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best:
Give yourself a grade for this year. Explain.

--9. A the beginning of the school year I didn’t do my homework everyday but in the middle of the year I started to get more serious.
--9. I behaved. However I didn’t put everything into my work. I could’ave done better.
--8. I missed a homework or two.
--5. ½ and ½ because I think I didn’t do good but at the same I thought I did well.
--8. I usually do extremely well on tests, getting at least a 90. Almost every homework I did was given a 4, or a 3 here and there.
--7. I think I could of done better with HW. But I think I did fine in the others.
--7-8 Because compared to all the other EL @ years I think that I have improved a lot more. But not exactly a 10 yet because I’m not perfect in EL @.
--6.5. I had a strong start then my grades went down but I managed to pass so I’ll say a 6.5.
--8. I’m excellent at almost everything except for a few flaws here and there.
--8. I got good grades and some I could have worked harder on.
--8. I could and should have put more effort in my work.
--7. I did most of the work and passed a lot of tests.
--5, because sometimes I do good and sometimes I do bad.
--8. I did very well but I still could’ve improved.
--7. I would have to say a 7 because I am good at critically analyzing stories and writing but on tests I don’t always study.
--8. I know that I did good, and I know that sometimes my grades were a little low, but I still believe that it’s going to be better there.
--3, because I had some downs.
--7. I would rate myself a 7 because I tried my best in this class but I wish that my grade would be above the 95 I got because I know some of the assignments I handed in could be better.
--8. Because I think I worked hard in most units but probably not hard enough. I think I could have worked harder, but I did pretty good.
--7. I did not do All of my homework, but I improved on this.
--8. I gave myself a 8 because I wasn’t the best in EL @ but I tried very hard, and I think trying is as close you can get to being best.
--8. There were some days I missed that could’ve effected my knowledge.
--8. I couldn’t give myself a 10 because if I did that I would be a perfect student, but I’m actually 2nd or 3rd best, since I work hard most of the time and I study few times in EL @. Another reason I wouldn’t give myself a 10 is because I never got a student of the month in EL @.
--8. because I participate, I think just enough I do all of my homework, if I don’t I make it up the next day, and do all of my classwork.
--8. I think I did good this year because I have improved my English.
--8. I would give myself this because I did all my homework, classwork and participated but my grades on tests weren’t very good.
--I’d give myself an 8 because at the almost end of the school year I tried harder and didn’t play around as much.
--6 because I did ok but I need to put in more effort in my work.
--6. I have improved this year but then there are things that have weakend and I am not proud of that.
--8. I give myself an 8 because I could have done better.
--7. I am giving this grade because I think I have did better through out the year.
--9. I didn’t hand in all my homework and I talked to much.
--8. At first I was a slacker then I realized my grade reflected it so I then became the best pupil I could be.
--7. I give my self a 7 because I participate and I pass all my tests but I didn’t do all the homework during this year.
--8. There are still some skills that I need to improve on like with grammar.
--5. Because I could’ve done better and I could’ve gotten better grades.
--8. I feel that because I was bored a lot I didn’t do the best I could do, because I didn’t pay close attention to the work given.
--I would give myself an 8 because I did good but not great I have good grades I do not talk back at the teacher so I give myself an 8.
--10. Because I tried my best in everything.
--7. Because I tried my best and did everything I could do to pass.
--7. I didn’t accomplish what I wanted to do.

--9.8. I’ve got everything going great, but no one’s perfect. I’m not always on time and I don’t get everything right.
--8-9. Because I didn’t do great but I didn’t do horrible. So between 8 and 9 is a good grade.
--8. I have done well but not great I did not try my hardest or study my best. I have some incomplete HW as well.
--8. I say 8 because I think I did alright and good but not perfect.
--8. I did not do a lot of work but I tried my best.
--8. I did most of my homework and I got good grades on tests.
--I would give myself a 9 cause I did my class work, it was just some of the homework that I didn’t do.
--6. I could have done much better.
--8. I got good grades, did all my homework but I got caught talking once in a while.
--6. Cause I talk a lot and need more help.
--6. I did my work but sometimes I missed assignments.
--7. This year I did good but I could have been better.
--4. I didn’t do all book reports.
--7 because I could of done my homework more and need to pay more attention.
--6. I’m failing EL @.
--9. I could do better, and I still need to learn more things.
--5 because sometimes it was fun or not.
--3. Did not do some homework.
--8. I haven’t put my all.
--5. Because I didn’t do well for most of the quarters.
--7. I say 7 because I didn’t really do the homework that much and that really decreased my grade.
--9. The reason I gave my self a nine is because I could have did better.
--7. In the beginning of the year I was kind of struggling, but I gotten better.
--8. I gave myself that because I still haven’t excelled enough in EL @. I want to do better.
--9. I worked very hard this year but I wasn’t perfect.
--8.5. I say this because I did all of my homework and classwork.
--I give myself an 8. Because I still need to improve better and work more and better.
--8. Even though my grades fell I still worked hard to bring them back up. So, I have improved and was earlier and less absent.
--9. I think this because I always try my best and my test grades are good as well as my grade I have received on my report card. I think I am always trying hard and staying on task.
--8. I could work hard and do all my work but I could just push myself more often.
--8+. I worked very hard but could have did better.
--7. I gave myself a 7 because I did all my work and I did not get into troble. That is why I gave myself a seven.
--4.5. for being good at first but then slowing down.
--7. I didn’t work that hard in the beginning and if I know an answer I’ll raise my hand once in a whiel.


Give the teacher a grade for this year Explain.
--8. We only had one party and we still did work 4 days before our summer vacation. We also got a summer packet.
--10. She did everything a teacher needs to do. She explain everything deeply and she went through and review all the topics. Basically 2 thumbs up.
--7. Sometimes she got really angry.
--10. She was the best I think that she took time to help she even gave us her email and IM address for help.
--9. She made sure each and every student in the class understood the lesson before going on. If they didn’t, she would just try to say it in a different way. She never yelled.
--8. Because she was a great supporter. The only reason she is not a 10 is because she is very strict, which is good but I don’t like strict that much.
--8. Because Ms is a good teacher. So I think she diserves an 8 but she isn’t exactly perfect either.
--10. She taught me completely new things. She taught me to read and write more. She also taught me to summarize what I read. She also taught me media, parts of speech, four square, figurative language, plot chart, notetaking skills, test taking skills, resumes, character traits, new vocabulary, and that we should be excellent!
--9. She is a great teacher and all but, sometimes she is unable to correctly answer my questions.
--She helped with the work and really helpful and always got the job done so I rate her a 4.
--9. In the beginning of the year she was intimidating to me but once I saw that she wasn’t an evil robot to steal my happiness she became pretty cool.
--7. It wasn’t to hard to do the work and I did the best that I could do.
--10, because when I needed help she helped me.
--7. Most of what she did was interesting but there were too many tests.
--I would say a 10 because Ms was a really good teacher she was tough but fair and at times we could play boggle and apples to apples but she was always a great teacher.
--10. Ms was a really good EL @ teacher, she always knew what she was talking about, and she did a great job explaining everything to me.
--4, because she helped us a lot.
--5. I give the teacher a 5. Although she taught us a lot this year, she always seemed irritated and would yell at us which is why I gave her a 5.
--9.5. Ms is a fantastic teacher and she taught me things that I never knew. She knew how to make boring units fun to learn, for ex .she showed us something on a tv to teach us the parts of speech.
--10. I wish I could give 20, but I can’t. Ms has a way of making things simple and knows how to keep us interested.
--9.5. I gave Ms a 9.5 because she was very detailed and supportive. Like she would help us give a idea and all. (--But sometimes too serious (sorry!!))
--10. The teacher made everything perfectly clear, and understandable.
--Ms has a way of silenting the class. Most times she’s nice when my class and I play games with her. She gives compliments to students who have great answers. She’s also not too strict or too nice, she’s in between.
--10. My teacher was the best, she helped me when I needed it and she explained things thoroughly. The weird thing is that I liked the part where she was strict, that shows discipline.

--8. Ms is a good teacher and will help you in most cases if you need it.
--9. I would give Ms a nine because she is a really good teacher. But, she is not perfect. No one is perfect. I think she is too strict when she doesn’t need to be.
--The teacher deserves a 9 because she thought us a lot. I she did her best so this is why she deserves a 9.
--9. I learned a lot this year than I learned in any other year.
--8. My teacher taught well and we could understand what she taught.
--10. I say 10 because Ms taught me so much.
--8. I give this because I did not learn a lot before but now I understand a lot more.
--8. She was a little strict on everything being perfect.
--9. She used her ability to be fierce to her advantage. Her voice was just enough to get you on task.
--8. I give Ms this grade because she is a great teacher she teaches a lot. But Ms can be rude at some points through out the school year.
--9. I sometimes feel intimidated. When I don’t understand something, I am always afraid to ask a question.
--10. Because she was the best EL @ teacher I’ve had and she actually helped me to learn and she put a lot of effort and time into her lessons.
--8. I feel that things could have been done a lot less or if you are repeating something so many times change how you are doing it.
--I give her a 10 she is great she could yell a lot but she taught use ever thing we neede to know so I give her a 10.
--4. She’s really boring.
--10. She did everything to help us move to the next grade.
--9. She was a very good teacher and she would give us extra credit to catch up on our work.
--9.9. Like I said, no one is perfect. No offense Ms, but you crack some lame jokes. >.<

--9. Because you made some mistakes. But you were a pretty good teacher.
--7. She taught us many things we didn’t know and made us behave.
--6-7. She was funny at times.
--6. The teacher was okay but she could have been much nicer to us.
--9. I learned a lot and I had a lot of fun. We did exciting units which some classes didn’t get to do.
--I would give her a 9 cause she is a good teacher but she yells too much.
--10. Ms did a great job. She has been lots of help, to me and the class.
--8. She did her job, controlled the students well and she was mean at times, well mostly.
--9. Because she did her best in putting up with us.
--9.5. Ms was nice but when we upset her, she’d yell.
--10. She was a great teaching and I learned a lot from her.
--9. I didn’t like doing all the projects because it felt like we only had a little time to do it.
--9. Miss was a great teacher that why I gave her a 9.
--10. She helped me understand.
--8. I think she did a good job, and she try her best to teach us.
--1 because she takes points of for no reason at all. (says the student who talks and does no work!!)
--2. Because she did what she had to do.
--10. She’s done what she’s supposed to, even with rude students.
--10. You were a great strict but great.
--9. I say 9 because she did teach us mostly everything but it was kinda boring.
--10. You were a good teacher and even if you were mean you still was a good teacher.
--9. She always did the lessons good and she taught me a lot.
--9. She’s taught me a lot. A little rough but that’s just to encourage people.
--10. I gave my teacher a 10 because she worked very hard with us and when she knew we couldn’t do it she didn’t put a fuss up.
--9. I say this because she helped us stay focus when we were doing classwork or a test.
--I give my teacher a 10. Because she had been great and had help me a lot in EL @, Because my work was not that good before.
--7. Her teaching was good but anytime I would come in late I would to hate to have to come to her class because I knew she’d be mad. So, I would get mad, even though she has a right to be mad, this is just how I feel.
--10. Ms. has been great! She teaches in a way where you want to listen and learn. I think from all Ms’s help, I’m ready for 7th grade EL @.
--8. Knows how to teach and knows how to explain the lesson.
-- -1. She is very mean and takes points off for no reason like if she gave directions and you ask about them. Or if you laugh.
--10. I gave the teacher a 10 because she had a goal to reach and reached.
--9.5. for being exciting and proffesoinal and also showing EXCELLENCE.
--9. She was fun and all but some lessons were kinda boring.


If you had a brother/sister/cousin coming into this class, what advice would you give them?
--I would tell them to do all there work and don’t slack off.
--Stay in line and if you do well you will get rewards.
--Always do your homework.
--Don’t get Ms. mad and do all of your HOMEWORK!
--Just follow directions, be quiet if told to, and you’ll be fine.
--Don’t get on Ms’s bad side. Her bite is worse than her bite.
--To do all their homework because let say that you don’t understand something completely doing your homework helps you figure it out so much better.
--I would tell them to not slack. I also would tell them Ms expects excellence and the grade you get is the grade you earned. I would tell them to study a lot, put your full potential into your work, and pay attention in class.
--I would say be as perfect as possible.
--Always focus on the work and focus in class leave the play time for outside. Be prepared and ready to learn. --I would tell them to pay attention do both homework and extra credit, be polite, and don’t judge your teachers too fast, leave space for changes.
--Do your work.
--Be prepared.
--Don’t make fun of Ms and pay attention.
--I would tell them to study do their homework on time and always behave.
--I would just tell them that Ms will always “EXPECT EXCELLENCE” and, not to fool around.
--Pay close attention.
--My advice to future 6th graders in this class is not to do things that will get you in trouble, don’t chew gum, make sure your phones are off, and most of all, don’t ask stupid questions unless you want to get yelled at. In addition, do your homework and other assignments completely and on time.
--I would tell them to listen and do their best and put 100% effort in their work because if they don’t, they’ll regret it later on.
--Expect Excellence! And do nothing but the best.
--The advice I would give them you have to try your best and you can’t pass with class like a brezze.
--Try hard to be in a SP class.
--At all times be on Ms’s good side not her bad and listen carefully. Also be the best you can, give her excellence.
--I would say pay attention at all time and do your work (homework) and participate and don’t be a class clown or get on the teacher’s bad side.
--I would say to them that they are in for a surprise!
--I would tell them to be quiet when Ms or anyone is talking. I would also tell them to show respect too her or if you don’t you will pay the consequences.
--Just listen and follow directions and do your homework.
--I would say to practice everything you learned and to put more effort.
--Do your homework, study your notes, and that is about it.
--Advice I would give is do all your homework, pay attention in class, and behave. And don’t chew gum in class.
--My advice will be that listen to the teacher and do you work.
--Write neat, and don’t make Ms mad don’t talk in class.
--I would say every assignment must be done with effort. I would also say if the teachers not there she’s always there so don’t try to away with mis-behaving.
--Don’t get on her nerves. Pay attention and DO ALL HW.
--I would tell them to always pay attention in class.
--I would say to always listen to your teacher and don’t try to plagerize something. Also that you should believe in yourself and get good grades.
--Just do all of your homework and pay attention even if you become bored.
--I would say to them be good and to expect excellence and do lots of studing.
--Don’t forget to copy the homework.
--Do your best in show the best u can do. Do all your work. Listen to the teacher and show excellence.
--Read, read, and read.
--Stick to me like glue, give me some personal space though and do don’t anything stupid.
--Don’t fool around and do your best. Because Ms expects EXCELLENCE!
--I would start teaching them parts of speech. I would tell them to listen, study and participate.
--I would tell them to do their work, and they’ll be fine.
--Try to do your work and finish it before the due date.
--Do all your work and homework. Study hard for tests.
--Don’t get on Ms’s evil side.
--Follow all the rules or your in trouble. Listen to Ms and do as you’re told and you will find her to be a great teacher.
--Be careful of what you do because the teacher will get on your case for the least things.
--Do homework.
--Just do all your work and help out and then it’ll be fun because you get to do activities if you do assignments.
--The advise I give is respect, do you homework, and keep on working harder till you reach the top.
--I would tell them they should pay attention. I would tell them they should do their book reports and work.
--Don’t talk if the teacher doesn’t tell you. To pay attention.
--Do your homework and pay attention.
--To do the right thing, and to do their work, and make sure they don’t get in trouble.
--be good.
--No.
--Always be poliate and do your work.
--Do the HW, and read a lot. And play football outside a lot of football.
--To always stay on Ms’s good side. Always do the work and don’t slack off.
--Don’t be bad and do you work. Last but not least don’t get Ms mad.
--I would tell them that the teacher gives you great information, you just have to try to understand it and enjoy it.
--I would say, behave in class, do what she says and have fun. But not too much fun…you’ll get in trouble.
--I would tell them to stay focus and pay attention. You don’t know when a test is nearby.
--Just do all of your work and stay focus in class.
--My advice to a brother/sister/cousin who are coming into this class is work really hard to achieve on a high level student in this class because this is a little hard.
--Stay on task, do all your homework, don’t talk during class, unless it’s group work, try your best!
--Do all work in class and homework at home and behave at school.
--I would tell them to work very hard.
--If I had a brother/sister/cousin coming into this class, the advice I would give them was open your eyes and ears and shut your mouth.
--Never be afraid to ask questions about work or lessons.
--Pay Attention! And Don’t goof off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think their advice to future students indicates that you taught your kids far more then the skills associated with poetry, ads, etc. Ethics and values important in life and hopefully they'll remember the importance of striving for excellence this year too! Kudos to you and good luck with your next set of kids!