Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hurrah for going out!

But BOO for my shitty low-light-taking camera.
Above: Cary Brothers and his cellist. Below: Brandi Carlile and "the twins." Not seen, her cellist. That's right, two fantastic singers with two fantastic cellists in one night!

Brandi Carlile has kind of a low, sometimes rough-sounding voice, but it's full of emotion, and it's huge and powerful. When she really belts it out, you get chills. And she got to rock out on her acoustic guitar, too, and you could see how much fun she and the rest of the band were all having. The music had the crowds moving to the beat and singing along. I picked up the album after the show and have listened to it a couple times, and I like it, although I liked some of the live, rawer versions better. Though, the live songs and the recorded songs sound very similar overall, and they're all amazing.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I've been obsessed with Brandi Carlile since I downloaded her live version a "Hallelujah" off iTunes. I am beyond jealous that you got to hear her live.