Thursday, July 31, 2008

Check the timestamp on this post.

It is 4.51 IN THE MORNING right now.

I was awakened within the last ten minutes by a loud noise.

First I thought it was my window fan, stuttering with some stray object sucked to the back.

Nope.

Then I thought it was one of those mothereffing motorcycles, idling at the stoplight. (Those people deserve a special circle in hell, if you ask me.)

It went on longer than a stoplight cycle, so I got up once again.

You will not believe this.

It's a JACKHAMMER.

In the middle of the intersection.

A JACKHAMMER AT 4.40 IN THE MORNING.

Take a second to process it.

Then, be thankful you're not here and are actually sleeping peacefully through the predawn hours, as man was meant to.

You bet your ass I called 311 to register a complaint. Guess what, there was one already filed in the system! I must have fast neighbors.

Also, this is the first and only time that I've heard shouted protests coming from apartment windows like you see in the movies: "You guys can't be doing this this early!""Shut the fuck up!"

Welcome to the Big Apple, the City That Never Sleeps Because Some ASSHOLE is JACKHAMMERING in the Middle of the Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. That is just wrong. I know NYC is always hustle and bustle, but seriously? 4:40 a.m.?

Not cool.

I hear yo on the motorcycles, too. My parents live on a main road and I hate listening to them tear down the street going ridiculously fast at ungodly hours.

Anonymous said...

Yo = you

Stupid typos and laggy computer.