Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Currently procrastinating on two papers...

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind. I have had to wake up at eight o'clock in the morning. The horror, the horror!

In the mornings, I have to haul my ass into the city on the train. Although it's convenient, because I've been able to do lots of HP reading. The writing workshop workshop (not a typo; it's a workshop about using the writing workshop) has been pretty useful. We've received two books and lots of handouts and ideas. It's also nice to be in a room full of teachers, because we all have a body of knowledge already, to exchange and analyze. Yesterday we actually wrote mini-lessons. Ours was pretty good; I'll write it up here over the weekend.

Traveling from Manhattan back to Queens makes me late for class in the afternoon, but it's been alright so far. I've been keeping up with my homework well. It's no fun to cram it all in just in the evening, but hey, it's only a week. I can do that.

Our summer classes are halfway over tomorrow. Remember, we just started last week! This four-week thing is crazy, in both a good way and a bad way. I just can't believe how quickly this entire year is going by. It's already the middle of July! Three and a half weeks before I get to go visit home.

Um, I'm sure I could think of more to say. But as I indicated, I have two half-written papers open right now. The Beauty and the Geek special is over now, so I have to turn off the tv and get these things finished. Because then I can read some more! Yay!

See, I've got my priorities straight.

No comments: