Friday, August 17, 2007

Note from Previous Students

At the end of each year, the class writes letters to next year's students, giving them advice and such. I found a stack of them the other day, and I'm posting this one to help me feel good about this year. My teaching years have gone back and forth--very bad, good, kinda bad; I'm not at all looking forward to this year, which I know is terrible. So I'm going to have to psych myself up and this kind of thing may or may not help, but it's worth a shot.

Dear Incoming Students,

I hope you get Ms --- class for homeroom next year. I hope you get Ms --- for homeroom because she is a very nice teacher even though she screams a lot and gives a whole lot of hard and understanding homework. She is a teacher that will keep pushing you until you get it or do it. If you don't get it she will explain it and then push you so I hope you get Ms --- next year.

Sincerely,
Student S

1 comment:

X said...

I don't know if you want to write about it, but I'd be interested to learn about why you're not looking forward to this year. I remember something from a while back about one of your classes this coming year having a lot of lower-level kids. I will be teaching a CTT class for the first time (well, last I knew...who knows what the admin could spring). Perhaps we could collaborate somehow.