Wednesday, May 14, 2008

more of the same

I was greeted this afternoon with insults and curse words inscribed upon my windshield. Nice, right?

Later I went to an interview. I almost didn't go, because I didn't know what positions they were looking for, and it was in the dreaded F.R. (I'm abbreviating, but it's waaay out there in its own world, and you've most likely never ever been there, nor will you). But I'm glad I did. It was a good experience to see another public school. Many things were different from my own school, which I enjoyed seeing. You see, being in the same place, doing the same thing, for four years in a row, it has me thinking and expecting that school is just that way. And that's not true; it's been very pleasant to find how things could be different.

Also, their principal informed that scores came out last week! Did you guys know that? I'm really excited to see how my students did--this year I felt really good about the improvement of my kids, at least in writing.

Oh yeah--I had two of my classes listen to "I Am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel today. We actually discussed the metaphors and the speaker's motivations, and they totally got into and completely dug the song. You should have seen them moving and bopping around!

Anyway, blah, I'm not very descriptive or specific. Meh. I'm hungry and watching tv.

1 comment:

17 (really 15) more years said...

Goes to show you how distracted I've been lately- it just dawned on me what F.R. stands for!

I know you would never- but you DO NOT want any part of this district.

Seriously.