Monday, January 31, 2011

Whew.

It's only Monday, but it's already a long week. Isn't it annoying when that happens? Even more so when we're looking at two days of nasty snow, rain, sleet and other blah? I have only one pair of boots (I didn't buy them until my third year in New York! I only bought them because I was going to Prague, where it was cold. Yeah, I don't know.), they're black suede, and all stained with salt. At least they're warm? I keep meaning to look into new boots that are more water resistant, but this freaking snow just won't quit.

--

In happier? sadder? news, today was Grandpa's funeral. The rest of the extended family returned to Seattle, except for me obviously. My mom said the funeral/memorial was wonderful and perfect, and they even had a blue sky. I'm so glad it all went well and that family and friends had such a good celebration together to honor Grandpa.

--

In other, more unimportant news, I finished my eleventh book so far this month/year. One of my goals (I know, I haven't posted them yet; I know you're all on tenterhooks! ha!) was to read 100 books this year. So eleven in January is a pretty good start. Full disclosure--number eleven was read pretty much just today (I had a long subway ride and it was a YA novel). However! In the past two weeks I blazed through The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, which is almost EIGHTEEN HUNDRED pages. Pretty proud of that. :)

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I have the first two of the Dragon Tattoo books, and I don't want to start reading them until I have the third. Trilogies like that always suck me in.

Schoolgal said...

I also have the first 2, and everyone tells me getting through the first one is hard in the beginning so that sort of turned me off. I am ordering the 2nd DVD in the series :)

Clipe Colorate said...

i told myself i want this year to read 3 books per month, and that thought made me feel proud of me, but omg 11?! you are definitely an icon to me!! i love to read, i love to have a lot of books. hope to fulfill at leat this thought. enjoy your reading time ;)