Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Welcome in New York!

I am here. So unreal.

My flight went just fine, even though it took off nearly an hour late. I slept the whole time, which is unusual for me. The satellite tv didn't even tempt me, and I didn't pack a book to read, so I just tried to sleep like normal. Could have been worse.

When we landed at 8.40AM today, it was already 77 degrees. Blech. It took me a long-ass time to get to the apartment in Brooklyn, like over two hours. Dragging those suitcases up and down stairs added to the heat-driven sweat, plus heated up some calluses on my hands. But eventually I arrived, and it was good. I put down all my stuff and went right for a cool shower. Ah, so refreshing.

Interestingly, my hair is like fifty percent bigger than usual. Super attractive. I have been shopping for shoes and for market food. There's still more I need to buy but I don't know where to go for them. I hate that, feeling unsure and lost. That feeling won't go away, living in a place like this.

I still can't believe this is happening. That I'm in New York. That I've *moved* to New York. This morning I got a call from the dentist's office that I visited in January; my next appointment was to be tomorrow. So I told her, well, I've actually just moved to New York, today, so I won't be able to make it! Crazy shit.

Ok I think I have to go. But I am easily reachable, mostly by cell phone which is still the same. Hurrah for technology.

Ciao, my babies!

No comments: