Monday, July 04, 2005

Blah blah, independence blah

I surely meant to go out and walk around and enjoy this nice weather...but I didn't. I got caught up with well, sleeping in and watching television. And some reading (of school related stuff! Can you believe it? Me neither!). Plus I worked on my pile of crap that I brought home from school. Here's one thing that I'm excited about:


These are all the books I acquired in my classroom this year, that actually belong to me.

Some are my personal, childhood books, some are from an eBay lot, and a good number are from book orders (God Bless Scholastic!). Look at all of them!

I suppose that when I say that I'm really eager to read the ones I haven't yet, to reread my favorites, but especially that I can't wait to read all the Harry Potter, it goes without saying that I am nerdy and pretty lame?


Hello, it is SUMMER, and I am FREE, and I want to READ.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Read on! We'll be looking for some of your top selections.

I actually do it in reverse; I take a break from reading during the summer.

Nacho Lover said...

nancy: that is the great thing about having to take public transportation--lots of reading time!

fred: you stop reading in the summer? strange...you must have lots of projects and things to do instead, which is cool, and i suppose better :). i am always reading, no matter where i am or what time it is or when in the year--i never go anywhere without a book!

Nacho Lover said...

ooh, congratulations!! that is awesome. and for a student, too.

i keep forgetting to post that my donorschoose proposal got funded recently, too: 35 dictionaries and 35 thesauri. whee!

today i began rereading harry potter (for the umpteenth time), i will go through all five books hopefully just in time for number six. i can't wait!

Fred said...

Summer is home improvement and travel time. Also, instead of scanning the newspapers, I actually read the entire paper.

So, I guess I am reading in a way...