Monday, July 24, 2006

Last night here before the trip

It's late on Monday night, and tomorrow at this time I'll be arriving at my West Coast home.

I'm nervous, I think! I've got, like, butterflies. I'm not sure why.

I'm definitely looking forward to the trip, to see family and friends that I haven't seen in a year or more. Even better, I get to show the Special Someone around my favorite spots, and to rediscover my hometowns with new eyes. And I'll probably get to hang out with Nancy, since she's staying a few miles from both of my parents' houses. Small world! It'll be fun but really strange to have people from different worlds together, you know? Mixing references or whatever.

I tried to get to sleep early...er than normal last night, but it didn't work. I had set the alarm for the ungodly hour of nine am. Naturally, I didn't fall asleep until past two, and so getting up was NOT fun. But I did, eventually. I'd hoped that, in addition to helping me be productive and busy on this last full day, I'd also be tired enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. Ha ha, not so much, apparently. I've an insatiable appetite for staying up late. Night owl to the core, even when I feel tired and sleepy.

Tomorrow, I've got to close the windows, throw away perishables, do a last quick cleaning, review my packing, find some books to bring, check the mail, go to the bank, go to the library, and go to my friend's to drop off the car/leave for the airport by 3pm. Phew! That should keep me busy, right?

No comments: