Thursday, July 06, 2006

Starting to Feel like Summer...

The last two nights I have stayed up until 1.30 or 2.00 reading, because I can. And it is awesome. Yesterday I didn't get out of bed until eleven! This morning it was more like 9.30 though. In any case, I am loving the lack of heavy workload.

Yesterday I forced myself out of the house in the afternoon. First I walked four blocks to my neighborhood library, then I drove to the grocery store. Tres exciting! I also got about half of my paper done.

Today I read a lot, and finished my paper, and found some research for the disabilities group project (I'm in the "Traumatic Brain Injury" group!), and then went to class. Again, with the high level of interest and excitement!

I'm grateful for the UFT Literacy workshop happening all next week; it will give me a reason to get up (early) and leave the house and have some positive social interaction. If it weren't for that, I'd be getting bored pretty soon.

I have this research project to work on...but y'all know how I am about procrastinating. Mainly that it's my modus operandi. Ho hum. Actually, I'm a trillion times better than I used to be. Yes folks, it really takes careful work to be the just-right amount of lazy that you read about here!

I still have all my student evaluations to read and type up. That will be a fun project! (I'm not being sarcastic, either; I'm just that nerdy and awesome.)

I'm going to post a lot of pictures this summer, too. More of my childhood pics (like my just-posted profile pic), some from recent trips, and also some of me with the special someone! Whee!

In addition, I will be reading through my archives and compiling lessons that I've written about. Perhaps it will finally be time for me to start a wiki. And I want to do some 'advice to new teacher' things as well--I'll need your input on that, friends!

No comments: