Monday, June 02, 2008

Link love

Tell everyone (again) not to buy bottles of water, for pete's sake! (Passing on the link, thanks Nancy!)

-----

Not that I'm not guilty of tossing food gone bad--especially produce--but this line just grossed me out. That bold statement (emphasis mine) perfectly captures the selfish, small view of this country and the media.

“The fundamental thing that I’m fighting against is, ‘why should I care? I paid for it,’ ” Mr. Bloom said. “The rising prices are really an answer to that.”

And then you see dozens of ads per day about new snack foods, new prepared foods (cut up celery and carrots in a plastic dish! talk about unnecessary waste!), AND miracle diets. When are we finally going to get it already?

----

What does it mean to be an American?

from a very talented and articulate flickr contact.

No comments: