Thursday, February 19, 2004

02/19/04: I hate my job. I hate my job, I hate my job, I hate my job. Tomorrow I am submitting my two weeks' notice. I am scared and nervous and so relieved to be almost finished with this job. This is big, people. I have no plan, no job lined up, and I can only definitely survive one month with no income. However, this job is far too much energy and stress and time for being something that frankly, I don't care about. My heart isn't in it, I've been doing this just for money, essentially. I'm done with that, so from now on I will work in a field that I feel I am doing something worthwhile. I'm working on three applications in those fields right now, that I want to submit as soon as possible. Even so, my life is a blank for potentially the next eight months, at least. That will certainly be an adventure. Today I almost doubted myself, but I sternly reminded myself that just yesterday I was sobbing in the car, thinking about heading back to the office. The next two weeks will be insanely busy, more than busy, because it will be the end of the month, and then after that we have to deal with the carnage from the end of the month. The only way I'm going to get through that is thinking about never having to work there again. I'm a little sad to think of it, because I've really enjoyed my colleagues and even some of the business partners. But I HATE MY JOB.

In other news, I am feeling nicely toned and lean this week. Figures, because I may have to cancel my gym membership if I have no job.

No comments: