Monday, February 23, 2004

Today was a pretty good day, for a Monday, especially the Monday beginning the last week of the month (which is always insane in the mortgage industry). In a team meeting this morning, I announced that I'm leaving. They were all shocked, and then my boss, among others, said some very nice things about me, which felt good. :) As far as work went, I felt fairly productive, because I finished one pile and there was only one (gigantor) pile that I ignored. Woohoo. And I brought some files home tonight so that I can rack up more overtime.

In other news, I worked on my application essays last night, while Johnny Depp answered stupid questions asked by James Lipton and his audience. We stole the "free" newspaper that hangs around our hallway, so there are classifieds to look through. So I'm making some progress, slow but sure. The more I think about it, I am loving the road trip idea for later this spring...we'll see what happens. Maybe talking about it will help me follow through better, because I talk a big game sometimes and don't have much to show for it.

I started reading a book called "The Good People of New York" today and I really like it. I have also been getting to know the new Norah Jones album and I like that too.

I'm trying to be positive. Is it working?

Crap, I've got to run to Bodyflow. See ya.

No comments: