Wednesday, August 10, 2011

cobberilific

Ms M is back in NYC for the summer! She stayed with us for a bit, and brought back a big bag of freshly-picked blueberries after a weekend trip. She suggested we make a cobbler with them. I was nervous; I've been too scared of baking pie and pie-related things. However, cobbler is super easy, and the recipe we found was delicious.

You just throw the berries in with some sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice, and dump it into a pie plate.

Then you mix the topping dough by hand (no mixer or fancy tools needed) and drop it on top of the berries, and put the whole thing into the oven!


Oh my goodness, it was so, so good. Especially warm with vanilla ice cream. I highly recommend this recipe--the topping has cinnamon in it! The other recipes I perused didn't and I'm sure they couldn't have been as yummy.

Last week I couldn't stop thinking about the delicious cobbler and also that strawberry cobbler sounded really good. So over the weekend, we made one!


The strawberries needed a bit of pre-cooking, in a pot with the sugar and cornstarch, and some water. It made for a gooey paste of sweet deliciousness, which then was covered with that delicious topping!


Oh my goodness, it was amazing. YUM.

No comments: