Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, Me!

I am completely and utterly shameless: Celebrate me! It's my special day!

And truly, I have had a special day. I wore a cute, non-schoolish dress, and my hair half-down. I got a lot of compliments on both (especially on my hair from my girl students). Lots of people wished me a happy birthday, and my students brought lots of treats for our class parties. AND a few of them brought cards and/or gifts. Plus my friend S got me a cake and NI and another teacher gave me presents. I feel so loved. Yay!

The weather has even been gorgeous the last two days. The fall chill has been absent and the sky is spotlessly blue.

Tomorrow I have to be extra-strict so as to keep my kids in line for the rest of the year. Although, ooh, I was so excited today; one of the science teachers told me that one of my kids told him I was crazy. And I agree with the teacher that that's the best compliment a teacher gets. Because that means they're either scared of me, or wary of me, and either way respect me. Sweet! Me Crazy!

9 comments:

Tep said...

Happy Birthday! I just started reading this blog, and I really dig it! I've got my own nyc teacher blog over at: http://mysterybehindmre.blogspot.com go check it out when you're done celebrating :)

Mr. Lawrence said...

I remember as a student I always liked the "crazy" teachers since they were always the ones who made class most interesting. Those that took things "outside" the dull norm of teaching made the day go quicker. In programming or accounting, "crazy" might be a bad thing, but in education.... ;-)

Nancy said...

Happy happy! See you Saturday night, girlie!

Anonymouph said...

Happy Birthday, Jules! Thanks for being such a great blog buddy. Your bubbly birthday story gave me a reason to smile this morning.

NYC Educator said...

Happy birthday! I remember you said you weren't from around here, so you may not be familiar with the quirky NYC custom of having each student bring $350 in unmarked bills for the occasion.

What? They didn't give it to you? These kids can just smell an out-of-towner.

yomister said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Very happy to hear that you had a fun day at school.

Rebecca said...

Hey, happy birthday! Your birthday is the first day of National Novel Writing Month, and if that isn't cool, I don't know what is!

ms. frizzle said...

Happy Birthday, sorry I'm a day late! Glad you had a good one... it looks like I WILL see you this weekend, btw.

Fred said...

Happy Birthday!