Sunday, September 24, 2006

Miscellaneous Europe Trivium

Please tell me I am really late on this train, that there is a train at all: Why, oh why, does Fergie's "London Bridge" feature shot after shot of the Tower Bridge??

The original London Bridge--redone in stone nearly a thousand years ago--was bought and rebuilt in Arizona. The new, new bridge is also stone, a low and unpossessing structure.

The colorful drawbridge at the Tower of London is a well-known symbol of London. Why didn't somebody do any research? Any, at all? A Google search at the very least? I really hope they did it intentionally, figuring the American public is ignorant and/or doesn't care.

Ahem. Am I the only one bothered by this?

I am officially far too old--at twenty-six, mind you--for MTV. Harrumph. Get off my lawn, you whippersnappers! You and your loud music should go home!

Next:
Because I'm a whore for Euro-travel, I enjoy Passport to Europe with Samantha Brown. This afternoon they showed an episode about Munich, Germany. The main square was lovely, and reminded me of other places I've been. Check it out:
Munich:

Prague:

Brussels Grand Place:

Ah, gorgeous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I can't stand the song, I haven't seen the video. But I would be annoyed too.