Monday, October 02, 2006

Kick Ass!

Yes, I kick ass today! It's a good thing we didn't have school today, so I could get some stuff done.

I was up around 7.15 (having gone to bed at 11.15pm, which means I'm finally normalizing again). It is now 12.15. (Well, it was when I wrote this dang thing the first time).

I have:
--Done my laundry;
--Sewn over two feet of trim back on my favorite blanket (I'm a grown-up, I swear!)(I'm not really a sew-er, so the stitches are uneven and all over the place, but I did it! Very proud);
--Remade the bed with fresh sheets (pain in the ass but so satisfying when it's done);
--Watched three DVR'd shows from the last three days;
--Finished grading the vocabulary quizzes (not too pleased with all of them, though);
--Input those grades into the computer; and
--Done the dishes.

Wow! Fabulous! Incredibly productive!

Now I am tres hungry and must make some nachos before I faint.

I still have plenty of things I should/could do, like sweep, take out the trash, call parents, work out, make a trip to the post office, walk to the library, finish cleaning the bathroom, etc etc.

But right now I'm going to bask in the glow of morning productivity. Also, nachos.

**

UPDATE, 3.15:
I just returned from completing three more tasks--no, four:
My apartment is located roughly equidistant between the library and the post office; each is a little less than a ten minute walk away. So I took the trash and recycling to the basement, and then turned south to the library. I browsed but resisted getting anything new; I still have five books from my last trip. Then I walked back north, past my building and on to the post office. I need stamps but did not want to stand in line, as I had forgotten to bring a book. So I returned home. Altogether it must have been at least a 25 minute walk, which counts as exercise, and I got some vitamin D to boot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commerce Bank offers stamps through their cash machine.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your mega-productive day! I am so envious of your not having school today. This grad school thing is KICKING. MY. BUTT. Big time. I've got a ginormous paper due tomorrow and at least 4 more pages to crank out tonight. All that before I get started on the References page, which is going to suck balls. Don't I sound mature?