Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Good Reading Deed for the Day

It's tough being sort-of employed. My bank account gets a boost every couple weeks, so part of me is like, woo, I have no budget, I don't need to watch my money anymore! But of course, the other part of me still feels actually unemployed; I suppose because it's temporary.

Anyway, I checked in at The Longstockings, a collaborative blog of YA/middle grades authors, and saw a link to the Guys Lit Wire project with Inside Out Writers. Guys Lit Wire put together a Book Fair for Boys, to get interesting books into the hands of boys in the LA County juvenile justice system.

Well, I don't know about you, but I think that that sounds like a fanfreakingtastic way to spend a few dollars, even with my semi-employment budget.

Please read about the project here and find out the important information. They've set up a well-thought-out wishlist through Powell's to send directly to one of the teachers in the program.

Please take a few minutes and help bring more children the joy of reading!

No comments: