Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Finally some real sunshine

I am at day nine of 15 to 20 days in a row working at one or the other, or both, of my short-term jobs. I am tired. Every morning I hate my alarm. Then, for a good four hours I feel like a drugged zombie. But in the afternoon I start feeling normal, then I go to my other job, and by nighttime I am wide awake and wish I didn't have to go straight to bed. Oh well. Remember, like The Donald says, it's not personal, it's business. Not sure how that applies...something about money is my guess.

Anyway, this morning was the first time that I didn't feel half-dead on my commute northward. The sun is actually shining for the first time in at least a week. I've been on a couple walks up here in Totem Lake, and even found the eponymous lake. Pathetically enough, I never knew there was a Totem Lake. Did you know that it used to be called Lake Wittenburg or some such, after a bigwig settler of the area? In the 1970s, they built the Totem Lake mall next to the lake, and then changed the name of the lake, to match the mall. Is that back-asswards or what? I love little backstories like that.

I leave in thirteen days. Two weeks from yesterday. I am not packed or ready in any sense of the term. Yesterday I visited a shipping store to inquire about shipping my computer and all its paraphrenalia. I have made a list of things I want to pack and things to ship, but who knows when I'll actually start sorting those things. I don't even know yet which bags I will be packing those things in. I am half done with the homework assignment about the classroom observation. I need to call about my car insurance. I need to find a ride to the airport.

No comments: