Thursday, June 10, 2004

Heaven is...not having to get up at the crack of dawn.

Oh, the wondrous joy of a lazy lie-in! I basked in sleep until nearly 11. Last night I allowed myself the luxury of staying up late, til 12.30. And guess what, I don't have to get up early ever again! Or, at least for the rest of the week.

I was a good girl and worked on my homework first thing. A tiny bit, but still. It counts. I got dressed and went into town. I went shopping! I haven't done that for a really long time, because I've been good about watching my money. I stocked up on toiletry staples and some junk food, too. Bad me.

Then I came home and tidied my room and did some laundry. Good me. I began rooting around the boxes I have in here from my most recent move, to weed out things I want to take to New York. Then I tried to sort stuff. And throw it into my old bag from Europe 93, before the advent of rolley-bags. (Honestly, is there an official name to those things? I always call them rolley-bags.) I need boxes so that I can ship stuff. Help!

Holy crap, I am leaving in...five days. Will I be ready? Happily, I got some information on the fellowship kickoff event. Exciting! Oh god, I hope I am doing the right thing. And I really hope I don't suck.

No comments: