Sunday, June 06, 2004

Ho Hum.

Today, in the car about to get on the freeway, I was listening to the radio. "Come On Eileen" was playing. I glanced in the rearview mirror and there was a woman and her son singing along with the same song. It was pretty neat.

Welcome to Day 13. Happily, this will only continue to 16 days in a row of work; I have decided to take Thursday and Friday off. I really need to sleep and relax, so that I can begin preparing in earnest for this next adventure. I had a dream about taking one of the certification tests, not having enough time to finish it. Eek! I better look over some information about those, and I have to complete the homework questions.

This past week, though busy, turned out to be some fun too. On Wednesday, some friends invited me to join a pickup game of kickball in Fremont. It was a blast. I did pretty decently, too. Sort of. Late on Friday night, I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was pretty good. Not to sound cliche, but the books are just so good that no movie would really be able to stand up to them, in my biased opinion. I heard from a guy at the grocery store that the sixth book may be coming out this fall. Woo!! Then, last night, we had a get together with the old college friends. We went to Shari's for a bite and then went back to the house. Instead of being boring and watching movies, we made our own fun. After coming up with a list of improv games and some prompts/suggestions, we played. We did Freeze, and Party Quirks, and Whose Line, and a couple others. It was so much fun! We laughed a lot. Oh man, it was awesome. I hope we can do it again some time.

No comments: