Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Boo hoo

Man, I did not want to come into work today. I did not sleep well, partly because I slept all night in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. No heat! Ridiculous. Anyway, when I woke up, my throat was a bit sore. I would have loved to call in sick.

Today went fine. I got through it. That's what matters, at this point. I did an off-the-cuff lesson on determining audience for Class C's Reading Workshop. It worked, I think. The kids seemed to get it.

At lunch, some of us teachers did our gift exchange. From Ms F, I got this really cute little pink corduroy jacket. Ms J seemed to like the little things I got for her, so that's good. I have some cute picture to upload, but right now my eyelids are physically drooping. Pictures later.

After school, we went to this catering hall nearby for the staff holiday party. The food was pretty good, the alcohol was decent (I had three or four amaretto sours), and the music was okay. That's pretty much all there was to it. Everyone sat at tables like a restaurant, so there wasn't really any mingling. It was fun to see some faculty members boogie the night away, though. Especially my gruff AP. Heh.

My throat is still bothering me, and I lost my lip balm. OW, my lips are all chappy and hurty. Is it break yet?

Mom arrives tomorrow night! I'm realizing that my room needs a lot of cleaning, that I have no groceries, and I need to run to Target asap. I don't even have anything to eat tomorrow except some cereal. Geez louise, I'm not very well-prepared. Shocker.

Alright, it is time for me to retire. G'night.

No comments: