Saturday, March 27, 2004

Oy.
Yesterday was supremely boring. All afternoon, hunched at a computer with no music or distractions, which means I was very distractED. It will be interesting to see how long I will be able to put up with this "job."

Also yesterday, I found out that I was accepted to the NY Teaching Fellowship. I was ACCEPTED! To teach. In New York. Oh my god!! I was completely and utterly flabbergasted; there's no way I expected to get it. Holy cow. If I do this, it's in JUNE. That's two teeny weeny months from now.

I only say "if" because of my pending AmeriCorps application. If I get the NCCC job, then I (am pretty sure that I) will go with that over the teaching. Either would be a huge change and an incredible challenge. Both are unreal. Things like this don't happen to me! I appear to be on the verge of realizing my dreams! Or at least finding a real direction to focus on.

Today I got a bunch of stuff moved out; the apartment is half empty. The couch, table and rocking chair, the bookcase, most of the books, most of the crap in the closet--all gone to be stored in the barn. A box of clothes to be donated, one and a half boxes of books sold. Next Saturday I will complete the move. Wish me luck.

No comments: