Thursday, February 10, 2005

Oh man, almost there

I can't WAIT for the weekend. I am tired and anxious and possibly sick again, and I just want to rest and relax.

Today I taught how to punctuate dialogue. It's complicated! I tried to liken the quotation marks to earmuffs, in that they go on each side of the spoken words, and the punctuation wants to stay warm too, and thus stays inside the quotation marks.

By the by, it's hard to write out rules about it without the guide of, well, an actual grammar guide.

There was a lot of talking, but a lot of kids making efforts to do the work, too. They seemed to get it for the most part. Their homework is to write a story with an argument in it, that gets resolved by the end, WITH correct punctuation and speaker tags. Once again, I'll let you know next week how it turns out. Ha.

Today I wore pinstriped pants and a pale pink, short-sleeved sweater, and my hair up in a bun, and someone in Class A said, "Ms C, you look like a ballerina." Someone else chimed in, "Yeah, you do!" I was all, "Thank you?"

Yesterday some of the kids at lunch told me I looked nice, I think because my hair was up. And they sounded surprised when they said it too, which is kind of funny.

Tomorrow is stupid test prep. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Hate the stupid test.

Blah, blah...my throat hurts like a motherfucker. Hurts to swallow, and to eat and drink, and the space just under my jawjoint is tender to the touch. BOO HOO! WAAH!! I want to stay home and sleep tomorrow!

I didn't think I was in this shitty a mood. I don't think I even was until I sat down at home and knew that I had a TON of work to do. Just don't want to do it. Lalalala!

No comments: