Monday, August 20, 2007

Bloody Cheek

Somebody looked at this entry from TWO YEARS AGO and decided to leave a rude and stupid comment. I know that I should be the bigger person and ignore it, but honestly, this was ridiculous.

The apparently offending passage:

It's not a "Do Now," it's a "Motivation."

We may NOT abbreviate "instructional objective." We must actually write out those two long words every day. Because, of course, we have NOTHING else to do with our time than play at the fucking chalkboard.

I know that I'm the only one who has ever noticed this bureaucratic nonsense. I'm probably the only one who's ever mentioned it, too. [/sarcasm]

Go check out the full post and definitely the comments (the anonymous rude one and my terse response). It's kind of hilarious in its utter naivete.

By the way, I do have a contact-paper section of the board (works just like a dry erase board! very convenient and easy. Highly recommended to other/new teachers) with sentence strips reading "Miss ---", "Today Is", "Reading Instruct!onal Object!ve", "Standard", "Writing Instruct!onal Object!ve", "Standard", while on the other chalkboard is one for "EL@ Homework". Makes my life just that much easier. So, you know, I can spend more time actually working on teaching the children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That person is not a teacher.
Now we are forced to add "teaching points" to the "Flow of the Day".
We used to call that an agenda or schedule. I love how the words change to make some bigwig justify their salary.

Nancy Cavillones said...

What an ass!