Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Last




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released July 21st, while I was in Australia. So my first glimpse of the book happened in the Brisbane airport on the 22nd, and I was excited--finally! it's here!--but also sad and disappointed--I didn't want to buy it right away. They were charging AUD$45 and it was a heavy hardcover, so I told myself I just had to wait.


The night I got back to the US, Boyfriend lent me his copy. With the return errands and sleeping, I began reading it Monday night and finished it this afternoon.


Oh. My. Goodness.

On Tuesday, I read until the twenty-first chapter, and holy cow it was like an action film--packed with suspense so that I rather felt on the edge of my seat.

Today I picked it up again and DAMN! I had to read the entire rest of the book. There was really no choice; it was impossible to put it down. She really packed so very much into one book, and in under 800 pages!

The emotional turmoil started much earlier in this one than in five and six, but I guess that's what has to happen in the final installment. There were lots of tears and anguish (ha--from the characters and from me), but I was happy with the way everything wrapped up.

Wow.

No comments: