Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 156: The many tasks of a teacher

So my classroom is set up and ready for students. Not sure that *I'm* quite ready, but if the room is, that's a big step forward.

And my mood has improved, not to the level of "Ooh, school! Yay, wow! I'm so excited!" But, it's also not "I hate school and want to die." I'm distinctly in the neutral area, something like, "Okay, school. I've done it before. I know what to do. Maybe it won't be torture."

I'm also happy to report that I am feeling good about the administration. So far they have been upbeat and positive, pledging support and continued success. It's a relief for sure.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

4 comments:

Nancy Cavillones said...

Of course you can do this! When you get into the swing of things, you'll wonder why you ever dreaded it...

17 (really 15) more years said...

Not to be a naysayer- but new administration is always good for at least 2 years. It's AFTER that you have to start worrying, lol.

I'm ambivalent about the entire thing. But I didn't win the lottery, so I guess I have to do it.

Enjoy the weekend the best you can!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a new administration is a good thing (if they were not Leadership trained). I am sure the new teachers on your grade are going to look to you for guidance, so you may have a great year. It seems that teachers have good classes every other year. I don't know why that is, but one year is always better or worse than the old one.

And, I would imagine that the new administration already knows you are a good teacher and that you organized the book closet, so don't mail out your resume until you know for sure.

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

Wow!! You have your own room and materials. Never ceases to amaze me how some are more equal than others. In my school many "old" teachers do not have their own classrooms since the principal mission is to bring "new blood" into the bldg the old have to shuttle between 3 or four rooms on different floors!!!

Enjoy it while you can.