Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday Questions

1] Are you a spontaneous person, a planner, or somewhere in-between? Have you ever gone on a spur-of-the-moment road trip or vacation? When, and did you have fun?
I suppose I'm in between. I'm bad at planning very far ahead of time; I choose paths and then rely on instincts. I have taken spur of the moment road trips, but only for an afternoon. And usually I was thinking about it for a few days before. But I only thought about driving, and maybe a direction. Rarely got to the destination I originally thought. Always fun to do. Wish I had my car for that right now.

2] Are you a baseball fan, and do you plan to watch the World Series? Who do you think will win? Do you go to a lot of baseball games or mostly watch them on TV? What is your favorite baseball game food?
I like baseball, but actually, I mostly just like the Mariners. I don't care about the World Series if the Mariners aren't in it, and I don't have time for it anyway. I love going to games, it's a fun atmosphere and they play games on the big screen. At the stadium, I like nachos, or ice cream, and always want cotton candy.

3] If someone gave you $25 right now and said that you had to spend it within the hour, what would you buy and why?
Probably a fancy dessert at a restaurant. Or actually, a couple books. Yeah. Maybe one book and a dessert at a not-so-fancy restaurant.

4] Name three things that you're looking forward to in the near future and why.
Being able to travel sometime when I have time and money, getting to the point in my first year of teaching when things start coming together, and, um, finding friends to hang out with in NYC.

5] Do you know any foreign languages? Which ones? If you could become fluent in any language [writing and speaking it], which one would you pick and why?
I speak French. Never got fluent, but I am, or at least was, easily proficient. I actually spoke some French to Class A today, because they wouldn't shut up and I was irritated. So I jabbered a little bit, and then said, Fermez les bouches! They didn't listen though, those punks. I would like to be fluent in French, I suppose.

I really should learn Spanish. I probably have a basic grasp of it now, after my week of teaching. Basic, like, super duper basic.

I also want to learn Italian. Someday.

No comments: