Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Inner Bitch, Come out, Come out, Wherever You Are!

I felt refreshed and ready to go this morning. Ha! I had no control today. It was not good. My plan for practicing etc was a little overeager. There was still some organizing to do. Tomorrow I shall practice with them, of course.

The report stuff seemed to confound them. They were all, "What? What is this? How do you do this? This is hard!" I was like, oh, whatever. No, not really. Actually, I told them that I am going to walk them through it, step by step, and even do a sample one too. (I chose Spain after my teaching adventures last month.) And that if they follow along and FOLLOW the DIRECTIONS, they will do well. We'll see how it goes. Ms F came in to help out with one class, and saw that apparently my vocabulary, like "draft" and "source/resource," was baffling them. Wow! I'll have to try to remember to explain things better and make sure they get it.

Um, what else? Oh, I met with the literacy coach, and she helped me organize my lessons for the next two weeks. Cool! And she noticed the Time for Kids notebooks that I'd found in the teacher locker. We opened them up and found all kinds of lessons, transparencies, and articles with activities. Hurrah! Going through all of it will take a big chunk of time that I don't have now, but thanks to whoever left them in the room! I'm sure they will come in very handy. Man, if I had an overhead projector, that would make so many things easier. Less sloppy writing on the blackboard, for one.


No comments: