Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Conflict Mode and Personality, Part 2 of 5: Accommodating

Accommodating is unassertive and cooperative -- the complete opposite of competing. When accommodating, the individual neglects his own concerns to satisfy the concerns of the other person; there is an element of self-sacrifice in this mode. Accommodating might take the form of selfless generosity or charity, obeying another person's order when you would prefer not to, or yielding to another's point of view.


Basically, this is only me if I'm at work and don't want to get in trouble. And even then I'd probably protest or at least roll my eyes.

I must say that I do tend to think negatively about this type, because who wants to be a doormat? Everyone should be able to speak up for themselves. And maybe, since Competers have such big mouths, we also will speak up for those who don't want to.

No comments: