Saturday, November 24, 2007

Yes, I'm Thankful.

I know I was supposed to do this two days ago, but I didn't. So there.

--First, although it's going to sound terribly cheesy, I am so grateful to my boyfriend. He is the best ever. I don't write much about our relationship or things we do, but really, he is so good to me. He's so patient with my moods and chatter, he's always kind to me (except when he teases me), he's too generous with gifts, he likes to travel and is a good traveling companion (I don't think he knew how serious I was when I told him how important that is to me--it's a make or break kind of thing), and he makes me feel beautiful and loved. I am just as happy globetrotting next to him as I am hanging out at home watching tv.

--I'm thankful for the friends I've made in the last few years, some from school, some from the blogosphere. I never had much luck finding real girlfriends when I was young, and so I value them extra now. These women are intelligent, fun, good people who accept me, laugh with me, make me feel whole like only real friends can.

--My family is far away from me, but I do miss them. They've been supportive of me being out here in New York, which was the only thing I had the first year. There were a lot of ups and downs growing up, but regardless, because of them I became who I am. They made me a reader, a traveler, a liberal, an appreciater of culture, an independent person.

--Not to be too much of a blogwhore, but I'm so surprised and grateful that people read this blog. Thank you for listening to my rantings and ramblings. I appreciate you all! You have taught me a lot.

--I'm thankful for my students this year, for allowing me to enjoy being in my room. Don't get me wrong, I get irritated and yell at them just as much as in previous years, but these kids make it fun. I kind of love them. They are helping me get through this year.

--I love my DVR. It changed my life, and so cheaply! [Yes, I can be shallow. At least I realize it.]

3 comments:

17 (really 15) more years said...

We already knew I am a big old mush- guess you are too, lol.

Chase Roper said...

The DVR is the most incredible invention ever. Next to Earth and the light bulb.

ms. v. said...

that's a lovely list