Sunday, May 01, 2005

Special Wishes

Happy belated s-birthday to Kel!
Happy birthday to Jess!
Happy half-birthday to me!

Just over eight weeks of school are left in this crazy-ass year. It feels like we're so close to the end, and that two months is hardly anything. But eight whole weeks...dang. That's a lot of weeks.

One day at a time. Really gonna have to concentrate on that.

I wish I had a better plan of attack for going into class tomorrow. It's going to be a rough week, coming back from break and trying to get those stupid stories finished up. Not to mention our stupid "author study"/literature circles. Wish I could just axe those. Grr. I'll do my best to get that done as soon as possible.

I'll start with a test on commas, and then do a group game on them. Next will be homophones, I'll give it maybe one day. Then I've got to give them the rubrics and do some editing/peer reviewing. Wish us luck--we need to get through all of that shit in five short days!

And oh crap! Bulletin boards are due Friday! Shit.

The next two weeks are busy ones for my own courses; I spent the better part of yesterday getting three projects started. I have a project due (ten mini-lessons on current events) on Wednesday, a presentation to do, and an overdue reading diagnosis to START. The next Wednesday, there's a huge unit plan due and a literature extension activity/presentation.

Thank god our testing is over. Once we finish the stories, we'll finally get to start a poetry unit! I'm excited for that, and I think the kids will be too.

I'll really have to push myself to get all this work done. It never ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Happy half-birthday to you. :) Your blog is fantastic and I look forward to reading what you have to say each day. You are an amazing woman, Jules.

love, kel