Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Monday? Really?

Today was a gorgeous day; must have been in the high 50s at least. Not a hint of chill in the air. I was only outside for two minutes, but it was such a pleasant surprise.

The indoor part of my day was also pretty great. Mondays are my short day; I teach only four periods because we are supposed to have gr@de pl@nning. But our AP never comes to the meetings. (Also, my Fridays with two preps make up for Mondays with four, so don't go thinking I'm a lazy bum.)

We are giving full-length pr@ctice t@sts this week. So for each class today, I simply got them started, then sat down and worked on grading homework, packets, and tests. I got a whole lot accomplished, obviously. Like Nancy, I never do any grading at home. And for a long time this year, I've been good about grading stuff at school, so that I don't have to feel guilty about doing nothing at home. Lately my piles have sprouted piles, so it feels fantastic to move those "to do" piles into the "done and graded" piles.

When I got home, a package was waiting for me: the Rick Steves guide to Prague that I ordered last week. Hurrah! Less than six weeks until my trip. Speaking of trips, my photo prints from Barcelona and Paris should be here by the end of the week. Whee!

The title is not at all sarcastic; I had to remind myself at the end of the day that it was still only Monday. I got a bit out of whack with last week's short week, and next week's shortness as well. Plus, it was such an easy and pleasant day. Let's hope for more of the same tomorrow!

No comments: