Friday, November 05, 2010

How about some links?

Meh, I'm not feeling up to much today and it's just about the end of the day. So let's have a look through some of the shared items in my google reader...

Do you watch Project Runway? I wish I'd been reading Project Rungay for a lot longer--they are so perfectly articulate and honest and I always find myself nodding vehemently reading their posts about the show. They had some great things to say about the cracktastic (or do I mean craptastic?) finale.

I hope you already read Hyperbole and a Half. Have you seen her video tutorial? Let's also enjoy a look back at one of my favorite posts, Why I'll Never Be an Adult.

I've been reading a lot of YA (that's Young Adult for those of you not in the loop) lately. Actually I'm kind of over it for the moment. Especially because somehow most of the current ones are about either vampires or dystopian futures (or both?!!) and are trilogies. Gah, enough with the fucking trilogies already! Make your readers IMAGINE something for themselves and don't give everything away and/or kind of ruin the whole thing (perhaps you know the one of which I speak, that came out this summer, rhymes with Socking Hay). Argh. In case you didn't know, I am an old and cranky lady. Which is why I loved this post so much on Forever Young Adult: a Christopher Pike respective! When I was in high school, there wasn't really a niche teen market except for Pike, SVH (which I didn't read), and I don't even know what else. Nothing like what there is now. Anyway, I read a lot of his stuff and this is hilarious. I was also happy that one of my favorites of his was positively reviewed as standing the test of time more than some others. Go enjoy if you also read any of his stuff!

If you have a lot of time in which you don't want to work and instead get sucked into some fascinating yet simple games which all are based on properties of physics, go to Krakez Games: Flabby Physics and Stop the Leak were ones I enjoyed, but I'm sure there are plenty more.

There are at least two blogs about funny iphone typos: Damn You, Auto Correct and iPhuckups.

Ten versions of the song Hallelujah
! Not for Jeff Buckley purists.

November is a crazy shit month of teaching. Still in the throes of figuring out your class and getting yourself organized among deadlines and weird off days all over the place, grades being due and the first round of parent conferences. The talented Miss Brave wrote this at the beginning of the year, but maybe it's a good time to remind everyone about things to know about teaching.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: