Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The first days of school

So, remember, I'm a not-really-para in a kindergarten classroom at my temporary school. Yesterday the children came to school for the first time, for a very short day. All the parents brought them up to the classroom and helped them settle in. Many took pictures and/or video. Crazy technology craze. I helped welcome them, put on name tags and start an activity. After that, I didn't really do anything of much value to the classroom, just errand-type things for the teacher. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't teaching.
In the afternoon, I went over to a first-grade classroom to help out. Again, I did errand things. Tried to help out with managing the kids during "independent practice." Some responded to me, some kept on being hyper six-year-olds.


No comments: