Saturday, February 19, 2005

Movies

In the last six months, I've only seen one movie in the theatre, and that was on Christmas Day. But since I finally made my way through all of Felicity's DVDs, my Netflix queue is all actual movies again.

Last week my roommate rented The Notebook and let me watch it. It was sweet. I was impressed with Ryan Gosling, because normally, I think he's kind of weird-looking and creepy. But he and Rachel McAdams had fantastic chemistry and it was a nice, romantic movie.

Yesterday I watched Saved, with Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, Patrick Fugit, and Macauley Culkin. I really liked it. It was witty, tongue-in-cheek, altogether great fun. "I crashed my van into Jesus!"

This morning I watched Before Sunset. I only saw Before Sunrise once, but I liked it alright. And I heard this one was pretty good, so I figured I'd check it out. Little did I know the whole thing takes place around Paris! I nearly wept with joy. It also takes place in real time, and it really feels like you're just watching two friends catching up. I loved the opening in Shakespeare and Company. I've so been exactly right there! There were some goofs with the boat scenes, though. They got on the boat just east of Notre Dame, but once they were on, you could see Pont Neuf in the background. Pont Neuf is west of Notre Dame. They went under Pont Neuf twice, and even if you didn't recognize the bridge itself, you would recognize the big sign that goes by reading, "Bateaux Pont Neuf." Plus, the Quai Henri IV is only three bridges away from Notre Dame, and they went under more bridges than that. Overall, I really liked the film.

No comments: