Sunday, February 06, 2005

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT

My computer crashed today. Would not even complete the power-on function. Total meltdown.

So, I had to do the unthinkable: erase the hard drive and restore to default settings (ie, what it was like brand new).

Reinstalling essential programs will be easy. And, I have back ups of almost all my pictures, and some of my documents.

HOWEVER: I did not back up anything in my "teaching" folder in My Documents--that had parent letters, lesson plans, seating chart templates, everything, lost. FUCK.

ALSO: I did not back up any music files! I must have had over 700 songs in my computer, many from CDs, but a good number downloaded too. I will never remember all of them to get them again. GRR.

And, of course, redoing my favorites bites, too. I had tons of sites bookmarked that I don't know if I'll be able to find again, most notably lesson/school-related stuff.

Sucks to be me this morning.

No comments: