Friday, March 11, 2005

FRIDAY!!

Woohoo! I am so thrilled that it's the weekend, I can't even tell you. Last weekend seems like it was about a year ago.

Today was tough. I gave a pop quiz and also a lecture on my personal history and respect. But it's over now. I am nearly cross-eyed with fatigue at the moment. After school there was a literacy workshop. Then I went out for drinks and discussions with a colleague (first-year Fellow too), and it was good. Man, am I wiped out, though.

There's a workshop I should go to tomorrow morning in the city...but at this point, if I don't wake up, oh well. Sleep is more important than new-teacher-credit hours, if you ask me.

One of my purchases at the Strand last week was a copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. I read it after AmeriCorps and loved it immediately. I meant to buy it and read it every few months to help motivate me toward whatever goals I had/have. But, I didn't. So now I finally have it and I'm in the middle of it--Santiago has just started the desert journey--and it is so good. Please read it, it will inspire you.

No comments: