Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I'll take the compromise

The snowstorm had a bigger bark than bite. Or...something. It only snowed like four inches. (Wow, I can't believe I just wrote "ONLY FOUR INCHES OF SNOW." I am a bad Seattleite!) So of course the schools were all open. I made it in on time, but a lot of teachers did not. Bless them, neither did lots of students.

All the sixth-graders were cooped up in the auditorium for first, second, and third periods. This time they got to watch "You Got Served." Again with the inane dialogue. But fabulous dancing. Mm, I do love watching boys dance. Er, young men. Don't want to sound pervy.

This, combined with my fourth-period lunch, meant that I really didn't do anything all morning. Sweet!

Class B and Class C were both half-full, if you will. So they split up nearly-full Class A and sent half around with B and the other half with C. No, wait. They split up Class B and sent them around with A and C. It's hard to keep track of who's who; it's very odd to see different faces in the same room.

There was no way I was going to teach today, so Class A/B played Apples to Apples. Class B/C also got to do some MadLibs.

I did not assign new homework; I told them that since they're getting an extra night, every single one of them should have Monday's homework to turn in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
Plus, this means less to correct for me. Which is great, since I still have one assignment (three sets) from before break, and a shitload of stories to read from the break's homework (I got a lot of those turned it! Good for them but shitty for me). BOO!

I am tired. Congesty. Coughy. Phlegmy. Nose-blowy. Hey, that would make a fun song. My band will be called Nu Teacherz. The first album will be called "Welcome to Skool, Suckas!"

No comments: